What Is A Healthy Low Carb Diet
A healthy low carb diet is made up of such a combination of micro nutrients that supply enough sum of energy to sustain despite of less sum of carbohydrates, as carbs are major source of energy to our body because of their property of converting immediately in glucose.
It contains food that are high sources of fats and proteins such as seafood, meat, eggs, cheese, coconuts, avocado, nuts and other a replacement for having high content of fiber like flax seeds and psyllium.
Reason to include high fiber content foods in healthy low carb diet is that when a person is sustaining on such a type of diet. High intake of fat can cause health problems in long term, to avoid such kind of problems, food having high fiber contents must be included.
While simultaneously food comprises of sugary elements must be avoided such as rice, candies, soft drinks, bakery products and vegetables that are high in starch content. A healthy low carb diet also lays emphasis on managing the levels of vitamins, minerals and other vital micro nutrients required by body. Elimination of food items from a regular diet can result in deficiency of such micro nutrients that can lead to serious side effects.
Low carb diet lures the body to complete its energy requirements through breakdown of fats and shifts the metabolism towards high decomposition of fats as carbohydrates are no longer available for hormones to act. As now more fats are getting burned, a healthy low carb diet outcomes in weight loss and can be one of the options for obese people to lose weight depending upon their body metabolism.
It also helps in curing some diseases related to heart, but, as every coin has two sides, it also has side effects. It can cause adverse effects on the functioning of the kidney and on bone strength due to high accumulation of proteins in the body.
One should be very careful while choosing a low carb diet, as little ignorance can become a great reason of worry. The Constituents of diet must be eliminated according to requirement of essential micro nutrients for body and a replacement must be added keeping the energy requirements in mind. Both the pros and cons of a low carb diet must be kept in mind while making a healthy low carb diet plan.
Information On Healthy Low Carb Diet Plans
A healthy diet must include sufficient amount of food that contain calories from simple carbohydrates and more of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables and foods that are good sources of protein. This forms the basis of a good low carb diet plan.
There are various low carb diets and each has different restrictions on the types and sums of carbohydrate intake. A low carb diet is generally related to weight loss.
Some of the low carb diet states that they contain health benefits including weight loss .
To start with a low carb diet certain steps should be followed to make the diet plan more effective. Following steps help in forming a good diet plan :
* Every meal should contain protein, between 60 to 85 grams .
* Amount of carbohydrate intake should be kept low for weight loss, somewhere between zero to 30 grams daily .
* If possible, choose raw and organic whole foods. More the fiber, better will be the result.
* White food should be avoided such as potatoes, rice, bread, flour, sugar, popcorn.
* Low carb fruits like berries, melon, peaches, kiwi etc should be taken at breakfast.
* If the stress is on losing weight then cream and butter should be avoided as far as possible. Processed oils should be avoided, instead olive and nut oils should be used .
* Dinner should be taken early and should be minimal.
Low carb diet plans give a variety of benefits specially for weight loss.
The positives of these diet plans are as follows :
* They increase fat loss because of increase in fat burning.
* Achievement of significant amount of weight loss in a short span of time.
* Health benefits like low cholesterol, low blood pressure and low blood triglycerides are provided.
* Help in keeping blood sugar levels, especially for diabetics.
* Consistent energy levels are maintained.Everything has two sides to it, positive and negative.
The disadvantages of low carb diet are as follows:
* These plans result in muscle loss. It causes metabolism to decelerate which causes less burning of calories each day.
* They cause body to become ketogenic, which is not good for health.
* Long term restriction of carbohydrates may lead to major health problems.
* Many of the important and necessary nutrients are not provided in them.
* Decreasing muscle glycogen stores causes fatigue easily, making exercise and physical movement difficult.
* Brain normally using carbohydrates for proper functioning which cannot be done by the using of fats.
* Maintenance of good muscle and skin tone is hard on a low carb diet plan.
At first, low carb diet plan might sound a great idea to lose weight instantly. It should not be taken in high amounts in the beginning. The body might take some time to get used to the diet and respond to it and once the body adapts it, its benefits surpass its disadvantages.